Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd and its related companies understand the importance you attach to your personal information and are committed to protecting your privacy. Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
What personal information is collected about you?
The nature of personal information obtained and collected from you will depend on the service(s) you have requested and may include (but is not limited to) name, address, date of birth, contact details, income, assets and liabilities, account balances, tax and financial statements and employment details. Most of the information is obtained directly from you through the completion of application forms and client profiles. This information about you is recorded and maintained in the course of ongoing customer service. Before financial products are able to be arranged for you, your identity by law will need to be verified. Therefore, your personal identification documents will be requested and a copy taken. If you choose not to provide the personal information or identification documents required, the requested service(s) may not be able to be provided.
How do Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd use your personal information and who may it be disclosed to?
We collect, use and exchange your personal information to enable us to:
- verify your identity;
- assist in applications for products and services offered by either third parties or Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd
- contact you while you are a client of Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd;
- ensure fraudulent activity does not occur;
- comply with legal obligations imposed on Belouis;
- comply with requests from government agencies, law enforcement or regulators; and
- Identify how Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd may be of assistance to you.
Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd will only use the information you provided for the purpose of providing you with the service(s) you have requested, unless:
- You consent to Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd using that personal information for another purpose;
- The other purpose is related to the main purpose and you would reasonably expect Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd to use the personal information for that other purpose; or
- It is permitted or required by law; or
- Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd believes it is necessary on public safety grounds to use the personal information for another purpose. Depending on the product or service, personal information may be disclosed to:
- Other areas within the Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd group who provide other services to you;
- Service providers and specialist advisers to Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd who have been contracted to provide administrative, financial, insurance, research or other services to you;
- Anyone authorised by you in writing, such as by a power of attorney; and
- Courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities as authorised by law.
Generally, it is required that organisations outside Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd who handle or obtain personal information as service providers to the group, acknowledge the confidentiality of this information, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the APPs and this policy. Where permitted by law, Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd may also exchange your information with third parties. From time to time, Belouis Investment Group may also use your contact details for marketing communications activities. We respect your choice to opt out of these activities. Should you decide you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material from Belouis at any time, please send an e-mail to email@example.com Any unique identifiers you may provide to Belouis such as Tax File Numbers, Medicare or other numbers, will not be adopted.
Sending information overseas
Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd generally does not use overseas service providers. However, at any stage Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd may engage overseas service providers if it considers it necessary. These overseas service providers may require your personal information. It may also be the case that Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd establishes overseas subsidiaries that may require access to personal information. If your personal information is transferred to overseas, Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring, where reasonably possible, that the overseas recipient does not
breach the APPs. If we do send your personal information overseas we will take steps to ensure that appropriate data handling and data security measures are applied.
How do Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd store your personal information?
Whether you interact with Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd personally, by phone, mail, over the internet, or other electronic medium, safeguarding the privacy of your personal information is one of Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd key responsibilities. Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and have robust procedures to protect your personal
information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd is required to retain a record of your personal information for a period of seven years after a client relationship ends. After this period, any details that will identify you will be removed or the records will be destroyed in a secure manner.
Can you access your personal information?
You have the right to obtain a copy of any personal information Belouis hold about
you and to advise of any perceived inaccuracy. You will be required to:
- Submit your request in writing;
- Verify your identity; and
- Specify the personal information you require
Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd will acknowledge your request within 7 days and provide a formal response within 30 days of receipt of your complaint. If we are unable to respond to your complaint within that time period we will write to you and explain why. There is no fee charged for making a request. A fee may be charged to cover the cost of locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any information requested however that fee will not be unreasonable. If the information sought is extensive, Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd will advise the likely cost in advance and can help to refine your request if required. In certain circumstances we are allowed to deny your request, or limit the access we provide. For example if the request would reasonably be considered frivolous or vexatious. Whatever the outcome, we’ll write to you explaining our decision.
You can ask us to correct any information that may be inaccurate by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd keep your personal information accurate?
Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd endeavours to ensure that your personal information remains accurate and up-to-date. To enable Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd to keep your records accurate, please send an e-mail to email@example.com if you believe that any information Belouis Investment Group Pty Ltd hold about you is incomplete or out of date.
What if you have a complaint?
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001.